Friday, February 13, 2009

Post Secret

The post secret I decided to discuss is one that shows a football player holding a football like he is about to throw it and then in little text boxes with what looks like a typed font it says "You molested me but you didn't break me" and then at the bottom it says "I WON!" written in red ink and it looks hand written instead of typed. I really thought this was interesting because at first when you see a football player you don't expect it to be something so deep it sort of makes you think of this big football player with a dark secret. Another reason I chose this particular picture is because I liked how the words I WON! were handwritten in red ink. The red ink makes it stand out and because it's hand written it almost shows that the person who molested the author of this no longer has a hold on them anymore. I also thought it was good to use an athlete because athletes normally stand for someone who is strong and able to fight battles to achieve something. Maybe this person is trying to say that they have fought a long battle with themselves over being molested and now are finally letting go and finally feel that the have won the battle. Also, something else I found interesting about this image was that the first typed text box appears over the football players face. Maybe the person who made this post secret did that because they are ashamed of what happened and don't want anyone to who they are. 

1 comment:

  1. Athletes are usually stigmatized as being big and strong, but your right in saying even they can be molested. Overall the football seems to have overcome being molested at least some what indicative in the caption "I WON!" This is most likely an internal struggle that the boy had to figure out on his own.

    ReplyDelete