Friday, February 13, 2009

Advertisement

An advertisement that really stood out to me was one advocating that people should not drink and drive . The advertisement caught my eye because it shows a tree with a white box around it and inside the box it says reserved for drunk drivers. I found this argument extremely creative and interesting. The way I see it is that parking a car is an everyday experience that most people rarely think about. However, taking the parking spot out of context and putting it around a tree really grabs someone's attention. When I came across this advertisement I immediately realized something was wrong with the picture and that's why it stood out to me. Everyone can relate to the simple task of parking a car therefore making this ad relatable to all people able to drive. It also sends the message that if you drink and drive easy things like parking a car may become difficult. The advertisers appealed to the viewers emotions in a very delicate way. For example, I think they may have chose this particular advertisement because when people park their car they are making a decision to go somewhere. For instance if you park at the mall you made the decision to go to the mall or if you park at a certain restaurant you chose to go to that restaurant. I feel like the advertisers are trying to send the message that if you drink and drive you are making a decision that could cause serious damages, like running into a tree. Another aspect of this advertisement is that the colors are very dim and cold. This gives the viewer a sense of gloom because the picture is not bright and vibrant. I think this was used in order to give the viewers fear. Overall I feel that this advertisement was very well made, it has every aspect of a strong argument. It grabs the viewers attention and at the same time sends out a very powerful message through graphics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment