Monday, March 23, 2009

The policy I think that needs to be changed at USC is that I think besides just having secruity guards in the dorms at night after 12, I also think they should have secruity guards who walk with students to the garage at night. Because of the number of incidents where people have been held up at gun point in the garages and been robbed I think it would be a good idea for their to be at least one security guard who walks with students to the garage and from the garage. The security guard could take more than one student at a time and I really don't think it would be that difficult. It is true that their are camera's in the garage but that doesn't stop someone from robbing students, and the red blinking light things are useful but by the time a student reaches one it may be too late, and what if a student isn't near one when they get approached? The current policy of security guards in the dorms late at night, camera's, and the push-call system are all good ideas and have benefits however, I just feel that more needs to be added to the system because things are still happening. I think authorities have not come up with the security guard walking students to the car idea because they think it will be a hassale, however I don't think it would be. The only place they would haave to walk students is to the garage because that is an enclosed area that is often times targeted. It is dark and closed off and normallly there arne't many people nearby. I think the policy could be perfected a little more by adding a security guard that walks students to their cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment