Monday, March 2, 2009

in class writing

The most interesting and intriguing think I found throughout my research thus far was the history of the death penalty. I never realized how extreme the methods that were used in the death penalty were. Another astonishing thing was that some of these harsh methods like hanging for instance our still used in certain countries. You always hear about the debate of pro death penalty and anti- death penalty but I have never really researched the topic and learned about the history. For instance I learned that the death penalty was used in ancient times for instance in B.C. It was interesting to see how some countries such as the countries of Western Europe and the United States hav made a lot of progress changing the law or process of giving the death penalty and some countries and states even abolishing the death penalty all together while some countries have not changed their method or views on the death penalty at all. It was interesting to see the case studies and compare these statistics and facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment