Monday, April 6, 2009

in class writing

1) I don't think you should go out with him. I heard that he just recently got fired from his job because he never showed up on time. He also just broke up with his long-term girlfriend because he was cheating on her. I don't want you to end up getting hurt and he just doesn't seem like a good guy.

2) Race is still an important issue in American politics today. I recently heard President Bush speaking about all the hate crimes going on in schools. As a result of this, many students don't feel safe at school and are scared to even go to school. Something needs to be done in these school systems so that students are treated fairly and are able to feel safe at school.

3) Argumentative essays are meant for the writer to be able to share their views and opinions with their readers. Often times writers use an argumentative style in order to sway the reader into agreeing with them and seeing their side of the argument. In my essay on capital punishment, my views weren't completely convinving, however, I did take an obvious side. My paper was definitely anti-capital punishment. In order to support this claim I listed the reasons why capital punishment should be abolished.

No comments:

Post a Comment